Agreement for Use of Logo & our marketing materials
1. Parties: This Agreement contains the terms and conditions by which AsakoSasaki Inc. (“AsakoSasaki,” “We” or “Us”), a Japan corporation, with a principal place of business at 756-1 Goto-cho, Takamatsu city, Kagawa, 7618031 Japan is willing to grant you a license to use AsakoSasaki’s logo. By downloading any files from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement in its entirety.
2. Definitions: “The Logo” is the AsakoSasaki logo as specified by AsakoSasaki as below and made part of this Agreement.
3. Grant of License: We grant You a non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use The Logos in your company’s advertising, literature and websites solely in connection with the marketing and resale of CHEF ASAKO/ FISHY FLAKES/ Bonito Dog Chews & Sticks branded products.
4. Term of License: The license granted by this Agreement shall commence on date submitted (the “Effective Date”), and continue until terminated as provided below.
5. Limitations on License: You agree to comply with the following, which are conditions of the license granted by this Agreement:
A. You may only use The Logo in strict conformity with the standards as provided by AsakoSasaki Inc.
B. You may not assign the license granted by this Agreement without our prior written consent.
C. The license granted by this Agreement is non-sublicensable. Nothing in this Agreement grants You, or authorizes You to grant to any other person, firm or corporation, any right to use The Logos in any way or by any means or manner.
6. Trademarks and Copyrights:
A. As between AsakoSasaki and You, You acknowledge AsakoSasaki’s exclusive right, title, and interest in and to the trademark rights in The Logo. You agree that You shall not acquire any right of any kind in The Logo as a result of your use of it, and You agree that all such uses shall inure to the benefit of AsakoSasaki.
B. You agree that You shall not: (i) use The Logo in any manner likely to diminish its commercial value; (ii) knowingly use any name, logo or icon likely to cause confusion with The Logo; (iii) make any representation to the effect that The Logos is owned by You rather than by AsakoSasaki; (iv) challenge either the validity or AsakoSasaki’s ownership of any trademark rights which incorporate The Logos; or (v) attempt to register, register or own in any country: a) The Logo; b) any domain name incorporating in whole or in part The Logo or c) any name, domain name, keyword or mark confusingly similar to The Logo.
C. As between AsakoSasaki and You, You acknowledge AsakoSasaki’s exclusive right, title and interest in and to the copyright in The Logo, and You agree that You will not contest or assist another in contesting that copyright or AsakoSasaki’s ownership of it.
D. All materials, if any, provided by AsakoSasaki to You under this Agreement, and all proprietary rights in and to all such materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of AsakoSasaki, subject only to the non-exclusive rights granted to You under this Agreement.
E. Upon request, You shall furnish to AsakoSasaki, without charge, samples of materials which feature The Logo or the AsakoSasaki name. AsakoSasaki shall have the right of approval over such items by giving written notice to You, within twenty (20) days of receipt of the samples, of such reasonable changes or corrections as may be necessary to comply with AsakoSasaki’s reasonable quality concerns. You shall make and incorporate said changes or corrections. AsakoSasaki’s failure, following receipt of samples, to give notice of any such changes or corrections shall be deemed by You to constitute approval by AsakoSasaki.
F. If AsakoSasaki, in its sole discretion, determines that any materials used, sold, distributed or offered for sale or distribution by You under this Agreement are unsatisfactory to AsakoSasaki, either based on the quality of the materials themselves or the depiction of The Logo on the materials, then AsakoSasaki shall so notify You in writing. Upon receipt of such notification, You shall have thirty (30) days to implement such reasonable changes, as AsakoSasaki shall suggest, ensuring that the materials are satisfactory to AsakoSasaki.
7. Representations and Warranties: You hereby represent and warrant to AsakoSasaki that You (a) have the right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform Your obligations as set forth herein; (b) are under no obligation or restriction that does or would interfere or conflict with your obligations under this Agreement, nor will You assume any such obligations or restrictions during the term hereof; and (c) the information provided by You in connection with this Agreement is true, correct and complete.
8. Disclaimer and Warranties: AsakoSasaki DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WITH RESPECT TO THE LOGO OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE LOGO.
9. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL AsakoSasaki BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, DATA OR USE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT. BOTH PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LACK OF A REQUIREMENT OF ANY MONETARY PAYMENT HEREUNDER IS BASED IN PART UPON THESE LIMITATIONS, AND FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. Without limiting the foregoing, AsakoSasaki shall have no responsibility for any monetary damages under any contract, tort or other legal or equitable theory, regardless of the form of the action. Such limit shall apply whether or not AsakoSasaki has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. Indemnity: You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless AsakoSasaki, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any misrepresentation or breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement; and (b) any noncompliance by You with any agreements or undertakings contained in or made pursuant to this Agreement.
A. AsakoSasaki may, in its sole discretion, terminate this Agreement or modify your license to use The Logo at any time upon written notice to You. Upon termination of this Agreement, You shall immediately cease any and all use of The Logo or any trademarks confusingly similar to The Logo.
B. You may terminate this Agreement at any time upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to AsakoSasaki.
C. Unless renewed by mutual agreement of the Parties, this Agreement shall expire three (1) year from the Effective Date.
D. The provisions of Paragraphs 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15 hereof shall survive termination of this Agreement.
12. Notices: Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed sufficient upon receipt by the other party, when delivered by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, by commercial overnight delivery service, or by personal delivery to the address of such party as set forth above or to any subsequent address designated by either party, on notice to the other pursuant hereto, for the purpose of receiving notices under this Agreement.
AsakoSasaki Inc. Trademark
13. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Takamatsu city, Kagawa Japan, and any action or suit under this Agreement shall only be brought by the parties in any federal or state court in Takamatsu city, Kagawa Japan with appropriate jurisdiction over the subject matter.
14. Amendment: AsakoSasaki reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this Agreement by providing You with prior written notice thereof.
15. Miscellaneous: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supercede all oral or written agreements and understandings made and entered into by the parties prior to the Effective Date hereof. You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of AsakoSasaki, and any purported assignment in violation of these provisions shall be null and void. Subject to the foregoing limitation, this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their respective heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by the waiving party. This Agreement shall not be construed or deemed to create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise or other form of agreement or relationship between the parties other than as expressly set forth herein.
I have read and accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement in its entirety.